Job Offer 'Manager Core Facility Flow Cytometry'
at Biomedical Center Munich
The Biomedical Center Munich (BMC, Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München) is looking for a
Core Facility Flow Cytometry (f/m/d)
The Core Facility Flow Cytometry (CFFlowCyt) at the Biomedical Center, established in 2016, provides cutting-edge equipment and services in the area of multi-parameter analysis, cell sorting and imaging cytometry. The Manager will organize the facility operations, supervise staff members, advise scientists in experimental and study design, conduct services and complex analyses, offer trainings and workshops in the area of flow cytometry, maintain instrumentation, and is responsible for development and improvement of standard operating procedures.
• PhD or MSc degree (or equivalent)
• Strong background in the area of flow cytometry and cell sorting
• Dedication to serve the scientific community with best-practice flow cytometry applications
• Ability to work independently
• Strong organizational skills
• Good communication and presentation skills (lab language is English)
• Experience in training and/or team leading will be a plus
• A well-established facility with a range of high-end instruments
• A stimulating, interactive and international research environment with interdisciplinary collaborations across the campus Großhadern-Martinsried and beyond
• A strong user base and qualified co-workers, established SOPs for all aspects of facility management
• Working at a leading research institution embedded in one of Europe’s top-level universities
• A strong network of Core Facilities at the BMC
• Opportunity to develop and implement novel methods and technologies
The position is open as of now and initially limited until 31.12.2024, with the option for a permanent contract thereafter. Salary is paid according to German TV-L (salary agreement for public service employees). LMU Munich is an equal opportunity employer. We explicitly encourage female researchers to apply. Preference will be given to people with disabilities who are as qualified as other applicants.
Further information and applications:
Dr. Lisa Richter, +49 89 2180 71856; l.richter (a) med.uni-muenchen.de
Application deadline is 15 January 2022. Applications (in English) should include a cover letter summarizing motivation and experience, a CV and any documents you may find relevant as a single merged PDF file.