January 2021 Update! Safety Measures - COVID19
safety measures at the Core Facility Flow Cytometry
Dear users of the Flow Cytometry Core Facility,
- Service sorts are only possible if the samples are handed over (drop-off) for processing and later collected – no discussion of gating etc. at the instrument; please request your needed service via the PPMS system as usual
- autonomous S2-sorts are suspended until further notice; please request your needed S2-sort as service via the PPMS system
- We have resumed instrument trainings in Summer 2020, but as the rules are limiting group size, please expect some waiting time; please request your needed training via the PPMS system as usual
- Autonomous users
- can only book one instrument per 'zone' (as implemented in the PPMS system)
- can only book Fusion No1 after confirmation (of the booked slot in PPMS) by Lisa Richter; any user that is not a member of the Institute for Immunology can get slots only after 5pm, or on weekends
- must maintain 1.5m spacing at any time
- have to wear protective facial masks covering mouth and nose; 'Community masks' are sufficient, FFP2 is preferred
- should wear gloves at all times – also when touching the PC, keyboard, mouse (use different sets of gloves for samples and computer equipment! Dispose of gloves in the blue bins!)
- have to disinfect mouse and keyboard after usage: wipe with 80% EtOH
- need to wash hands when entering and when leaving the facility.
Please also note the Information regarding the coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2) on the LMU Website.
Last updated: 2021-01-15