February 2021 Update! Safety Measures - COVID19
safety measures at the Core Facility Flow Cytometry
Dear users of the Flow Cytometry Core Facility,
- Everyone entering the Core Facility has to have an existing reservation for that timepoint in PPMS! No unauthorized people or non-registered visitors are allowed in the Core Facility at any time.
- Wearing medical masks is now mandatory in all workplaces. We urge all users to wear FFP2 masks in the Core Facility rooms at all time. During Services or Training, FFP2 masks are mandatory.
- Service sorts are only possible if the samples are handed over (drop-off) for processing and later collected, without contact – no discussion of gating etc. at the instrument; please request your needed service via the PPMS system as usual
- autonomous S2-sorts are suspended until further notice; please request your needed S2-sort as service via the PPMS system
- We have resumed instrument trainings in Summer 2020, but as the rules are limiting group size, please expect some waiting time; please request your needed training via the PPMS system as usual. Remember to bring your FFP2 mask
- Autonomous users
- can only book one instrument per 'zone' (as implemented in the PPMS system)
- can only book Fusion No1 after confirmation (of the booked slot in PPMS) by Lisa Richter; any user that is not a member of the Institute for Immunology can get slots only after 5pm, or on weekends
- must maintain 1.5m spacing at any time
- have to wear medical facial masks covering mouth and nose.
- should wear gloves at all times – also when touching the PC, keyboard, mouse (use different sets of gloves for samples and computer equipment! Dispose of gloves in the blue bins!)
- have to disinfect mouse and keyboard after usage: wipe with 80% EtOH
- need to wash hands when entering and when leaving the facility.
Please also note the Information regarding the coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2) on the LMU Website.
Last updated: 2021-01-28